Ecutek Reflashing is now available for your Subaru WRX, STI, turbo Legacy and Forester. Already have a reflash and need a retune? BRING IT TO ImportParts.co.za!!!
We can now reflash your:
- 2002 and up WRX
- 2004 and up STI
- 2005 and up Legacy GT
- 2004 and up Forester XT
With so many options for making your vehicle fast, reliable, and easy for you the consumer to understand, we feel your pain and confusion. Like most people, numbers, tuning, and dialing in your car gets confusing, we know. But even for your number guru;s who can analyze the life out of things that are not important, pay attention to this. We have all heard about ECUTEK since the release at the 2002 SEMA show. In Arizona, and nationwide, we can provide you with the best facility and tuning to get your car the power it needs.
Our team has tuned more ECUTEK;s then any other in Arizona and nation wide. With the database of maps for all types of parts and combinations, we assure your car will be tuned right the first time. Now lets learn more about the ECUTEK system. You can also visit www.ecutek.comECU
DeltaECU is EcuTek;s ECU reprogramming software for the 1999 to 2004 model years of Subaru Impreza and Forrester Turbo. The software allows reprogramming of the original ECU, in-situ via the diagnostics port, along with serious features that allow accurate and successful mapping.
What cars does DeltaECU support ?
Two versions of DeltaECU are available, supporting two different Subaru ECU architectures. One version (Flash99) supports the 1999 and 2000 model years of cars. The second version (Flash2002) supports the 2001 and up model year of Impreza WRX and STI.
How is the ECU reprogrammed ?
To reprogram the ECU, the DeltaECU programming interface is simply plugged into the diagnostic socket of the car. Any of the ECUs listed above can then be reprogrammed in under 2 minutes !
Unlike other "chipping"; solutions, DeltaECU, requires no soldering and no physical access to the ECU - an altogether quicker, cleaner and more reliable method of tuning. Rather than spending time soldering and desoldering hair thin chip legs, the tuner;s time can now be spent more productively, with less time spent soldering and more time actually improving mapping of the customer;s car.
Once an effective map has been produced for a particular combination of modifications, further identically mapped ECUs may be rapidly produced. This is extremely useful for companies who wish to package a premapped ECU with their exhaust manifolds or turbo/FMIC kits.
Why Reprogram the Original ECU ?
- Reprogramming the original ECU is by far the cleanest, safest and quickest way of correctly compensating for engine, induction and exhaust modifications. The maps in the standard ECU may be adjusted to cater for virtually any modifications that are likely to be made to a car.
- Civilised features such as cold start and stable idle are all retained, whilst performance mapping begins from the (already extremly good) standard Subaru map rather than from a blank sheet of paper.
- Risky boost clamps, bleed valves, boost controllers and piggy back modules may all be discarded and replaced by a pure and accurate mapping adjustment.
- The safety features of the ECU are retained, such as sensor checks, fuel cut, boost cut, rev limit, speed limit and ;limp home; mode, though they may be altered to suit the car and its modifications. E.g. if the ECU detects a problem (engine over-temperature or failed sensor), it is still in full control of boost pressure and is able to take evasive action to preserve the engine. This is in stark contrast to external controllers and piggy back modules that either take over control of engine functions, or fool the ECU about the state of its sensors.
The following ECU parameters may be altered using DeltaECU:
- Fuelling and Fuel Compensation.
- Ignition Timing and Ignition Compensation
- Boost Pressure
- Boost Limit
- Turbo Dynamics
- Boost Pressure Based Speed Limiting
- Minimum and Maximum Wastegate Duty Cycle
- Rev Limit
- Air Flow Sensor Scaling
Graphical Map Views
Both ignition and fuelling maps may be viewed graphically to fast interpretation of map shape. This also allows errors to be quickly spotted.
Live Map Access View
Whilst testing the car, either on the road or dyno, access to fuelling, ignition and boost maps may be viewed in real time to show which parts of the map are being accessed by the ECU. DeltaECU will also colour the zones of the fuelling or ignition maps based on the knock correction and lambda values retrieved from the car under test. This allows the tuner to quickly see which areas of the map require attention.
Now that you see what the ECUTEK system is and how it reprograms your stock ECU, understand that there are other softwares available. Some may be less expensive, and some maybe to good to be true. But the ECUTEK system is designed specifically for your Subaru. One thing to remember when purchasing a reflash for your ECU that these are licenses, and only the company that flashed your car can reflash and tune your vehicle. So you want to choose an experienced company that is here to stay, ImportParts.co.za.
One falsehood that you might have heard is that the reflash is NOT as good as a stand alone or piggyback unit. This is not true as some of the strongest cars are ECUTEK tuned and we have the cars to prove it. So whether you have a brand new car and want some extra pep, or you have a full built JDM engine with more parts then you need and want 400 wheel horsepower, ECUTEK can do it.
Another thing to keep in mind is that results will vary. We can take a bone stock car and tune it for an additional no hassle 40 horsepower. Or we can take your modified car from a simple stage 1 to full blown stage 4 and see various results. In the end because of the direct reprogramming, there is NO need for wasted money on dyno tuning at over priced facilities. The maps are tested and pruven and are simply flashed to your ECU and your ready to go.
Unlike other shops when it comes time to get your car flashed, customer service and support is first. Our goal is to maximize the driveability and power of your vehicle. We charge a one time fee to flash your ECU according to the mods on your car. If you are local and need tuning, we set you up with our tuning service and can arrange an appointment on our All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno. If you are mail ordering the reflash you have two options.
- Pay a $500 core charge plus the reflash and we send you the flash new ECU. You plug it in and send us back your unflashed ECU to receive the core charge back less a $25 shipping and handling fee. So $475 will be returned to your card.
- You can simply take out your ECU and Overnight it to us, we will reflash it and then Overnight it back to you. So this way you are only out of your car for 3 days at most.
After you receive your reflash ECU and run it around, if you find any problems occuring, we will Re-reflash it at NO additional charge. If you decide to add additional parts after your initial reflash such as a turbo, intercooler, or such, we can Re-reflash it for only $150.
If you are ready to purchase a ECUTEK reflash for your Subaru vehicle and want it done right by experienced personnel, then click and order NOW!!!
Core Charge is $500. When you send the ECU back we credit you $475 back to your card. Your purchase of this product signifies you understand our core exchange policy and procedure.
CORE CHARGE IS NOT AVAILABLE for 2005 and up STI, Legacy, Forester. Can only be flashed directly to the ECU.
***ImportParts.co.za offers ECUTEK tuning. We can REFLASH your stock ECU on or off the dyno according to your modifications to gain an extra 40 Wheel Horsepower!!!
ImportParts.co.za is a redistributor and tuning center for ECUTEK through IA Performance.