ImportParts.co.za ONLY sells the Delta Dash to its ECUTEK REFLASH CUSTOMERS. This is not available for purchase unless you have purchased the REFLASH from us.
To read more on our VRSM section, GO HERE.
The features of DeltaDash may be split into several categories:
DeltaDash is currently available for most modern Subaru vehicles. Detailed vehicle compatibility information is given here.
Live Data Display and Graphing
There are two formats available for viewing.
Analogue live data in real numbers (ignition timing (degrees), injector pulse width (ms), knock correction (degrees) with max and minimum numbers displayed during sampling as well as current values. Up to 77 channels of live analogue data can be selected. (Number varies with ECU).
Digital live data shows the position of ECU switches such as relays and connectors. Up to 53 channels of live digital data can be selected. (Number varies with ECU).
The current version of DeltaDash can read up to 77 analogue and 53 digital channels of data.
DeltaDash features include:
- Live capture frequency adjustment from 1 per minute to faster than 200ms.
- Variable selection of data display items
- Pausing data during capture
Live data scrolling graphs can be selected with up 4 graphs displayed on screen. These can be selected from the full analogue list supported by your ECU. Features include:
- Capture frequency adjustment from 1 per minute to faster than 200ms.
- Variable selection of data display items.
- Minimum/Maximum displays shown at all times.
- Auto scaling to show the best resolution on all displays.
- Graph pausing to allow instant analysis.
- Graph zooming of any graph at any point.
Live data analysis is an excellent tool in itself however when combined with powerful data logging software this makes DeltaDash truly invaluable.
During live data capture 4 selectable graphs can be displayed. However all analogue input channels can be logged for later analysis.
As an example, the following analogue data may be retrieved from a 2002 Impreza WRX:
- Coolant Temperature
- Air Fuel Correction
- Air Fuel Learning
- Manifold Absolute Pressure
- Engine Speed
- Vehicle Speed
- Ignition Timing
- Intake Air Temperature
- Mass Air Flow
- Throttle Opening Angle
- Rear O2 Sensor
- Battery Voltage
- Air Flow Sensor Voltage
- Throttle Sensor Voltage
- Fuel Injector Pulse Width
- Knock Correction
- Atmospheric Pressure
- Manifold Relative Pressure
- Fuel Level
- Primary Wasetgate Duty Cycle
- CPC Valve Duty
- Tumble Valve Position Sensor Left
- Tumble Valve Position Sensor Right
- Idle Speed Control Valve Duty
- Fuel Pump Duty
- Air/Fuel Sensor Current
- Air/Fuel Sensor Resistance
- Air/Fuel Sensor Voltage
- Rear O2 Heater Voltage
- Air/Fuel Sensor Heater Current
- Exhaust Gas Temperature
The following digital data may be obtained from the same car:
- AT Vehicle ID
- Test Mode Connector
- Neutral Position Switch
- Idle Switch
- Ignition Switch
- Power Steering Switch
- Air Conditioning Switch
- Starter Switch
- Rear O2 Rich Signal
- Knock Signal
- Crank Position Sensor
- Cam Position Sensor
- Defogger Switch
- Blower Switch
- Interior Light Switch
- Air-Con Compressor Signal
- Radiator Fan Relay 1
- Radiator Fan Relay 2
- TGV Output
- TGV Drive
- Torque Control Signal 1
- Torque Control Signal 2
- Torque Permission Signal
There is no need to set up log file names. The file is generated within your specified directory. One click and you are logging as many channels as you like.
A typical log file lasting 5 minutes and capturing 8 channels of data is only 150 KB.
A very fast log of 3 channels lasting 30 seconds (1 power run) will create a dated and timed file of less than 20 KB .
Having created the log file, this can be imported back into the DeltaDash and viewed as graphs or real data.
Within the graphing option we allow zooming of any area on any channel allowing detailed analysis of sections of the graph down to less than 0.01 sec.
The data option allows you to look at each channel. These channel outputs are displayed as real numbers (ms, degrees, km/h etc).
The logged data file is created as a .csv file which can be accessed and edited within any spreadsheet program.
There is a further development tool in the DELTA LOG which allows further astonishing analysis.
The example below shows a car with a hesitancy as it comes on to boost. The car was driven once only through the area that this fault occurs. The data was logged, generating a log file. Opening this file within DeltaDash allows detailed analysis to find the fault.
With the custom graphing option enabled we generate a graph of RPM against ignition timing. Looking at 1400 to 2300 rpm we can see nothing strange happening with the ignition.
We assumed that this was not an ignition based fault.
Then plotting RPM against lambda to see if it was a fuel based hesitancy.
The lambda drops lean between 1400 and 2300rpm.
This is also shown beautifully when comparing output voltage from the mass air-flow sensor plotted against lambda.
This astonishing software is like turning on a light in a tunnel. One power run on a chassis dyno or a blast up the road and in less than one minute have a look at what you can see.
- Log Elapsed time v speed - Measure all in gear times, 0-30, 0-60, 30-50 etc (road based testing only). Know your performance. No more going to the dyno hoping you've got more power, you know you have.
- Log Knock correction v RPM - Check mapping for optimum performance and engine safety. Test if adding fuel is better for reducing knock or is it better to reduce advance.
- Log Lambda output v RPM v Injector Pulse Width v Knock Correction - Find that elusive hesitancy that the dyno is too slow to find.
- RPM v Manifold pressure - Test accurate Turbo spool up times, no more guessing which turbo is the best for you, find out.
- Log Injector pulse width v RPM v Throttle v Manifold Pressure - Once and for all, test your injectors. Are they big enough?
The list just goes on. Think of a problem and DeltaDash can help you find the answer.
But DeltaDash is not just a data display and logging program...
Erase the stored memory to enable analysis of the effect of fuel changes for instance. No more leaving the battery disconnected at night to reset the ECU.
ECU Trouble Codes
Retrieve all of the fault codes that the factory diagnostic tools can. Up to 88 codes displayed for early model year vehicles, and up to 268 codes displayed for later model years, with full descriptions of each problem for a 10th of the price of factory equipment. Both current and historic faults may be viewed. Check the ECUs historic fault log to find out what caused that cough the car had last week. DeltaDash will allow you to diagnose many faults with your car, saving you costly trips to the garage/dealer. Fix the fault and erase the historic code using the ECU reset.
ECU Live Adjustments
Another extemely useful function is the ability to alter idle speeds and ignition timing live on the ECU. If the idle is a little too fast with the air con working or you have picked up some poor quality fuel and you are logging too much knock correction, then slow the idle down or add some retard across the ignition map. When the fuel has cleared, reduce the retard. 2 minutes work.
The product is licensed on a professional user or enthusiast basis. This is intended to appeal to Subaru dealers/tuners and enthusiasts respectively, the enthusiast version being available at a substantial discount to non-profit making users.
DeltaDash is available to car enthusiast to use to test and diagnose their own car. The software will work with up to 3 different ECU versions. This allows use on, for example, two cars owned by the enthusiast, plus one car owned by a friend. The software will remember the first 3 car ECUs with which it has been used, and this will form the 3 car license for the product.
Some examples of this type of license are given below, so that it is clear to all customers:
- If you use 3 different ECU types in your own car, then this constitutes the 3 ECU license - the software will then also work with any other cars with any of these three ECUs e.g. AF421, AF422 & AF423 US Impreza ECUs.
- Similarly, if you have two friends with Subarus and each of you has a different ECU type, then your license can be for all three of these cars, plus any others that have one of these three ECUs e.g. AF423 (US WRX), AF481 (JDM STI) & AJ241 (US 2.5 STI).
This licensing method allows EcuTek to sell DeltaDash at a discount to the enthusiast. Even so, all software feature updates and enhancements will be available free of charge as a download from the EcuTek web site. If you are intending to use DeltaDash on a large number of varying vehicles, it is likely that you will require the professional version described below.
This allows access to every ECU type that DeltaDash supports - this means all Subaru vehicles EcuTek have analysed that adhere to the currently employed diagnostic protocol. When purchasing the professional license, you will be entitled to all feature updates and enhancements free of charge from the EcuTek web site.
Upgrading from Enthusiast to Professional
If you find that you require access to more than 3 vehicles and have already purchased DeltaDash Enthusiast, then you may upgrade to Professional for the current difference in retail price between the two products. The upgrade can be performed via email within 24 hours, without the need to post goods back and forth.
The package includes all software, hardware and cables to link a laptop to your car.
Check the system requirements to check your PC is suitable.